Sunday 5 June 2016

Review: Revlon HD Matte Lip Colours



I have recently been on the hunt for some new lipsticks and lip products. Ever since Kylie Jenner released her lip kits (which I will one day own!) the beauty community has gone absolutely mental  over them! I can’t open my YouTube without someone’s video popping up featuring  them!  Everything I own just looks drab in comparison as the Kylie Jenner ones look stunning!  Since I am basically too tight to spend, at the moment, to spend £20+ on a lipstick, I am finding myself drawn more towards the more drug store side of things. I stumbled across these in whilst browsing the counters in Boots and I am very impressed!
Liquid lipsticks honestly never seem to sit right on me. I always end up with them bleeding into my skin or making one side of my lips look slightly bigger than the other. Huh? Although, I am very pleased to finally find a liquid lipstick which didn’t make me look like a clown. Thank goodness!



I was completely drawn in by the bright range of colours on display and slick,compacted frosted glass packaging. The swatches which I did in store were so pigmented!  Revlon was on three for two as well! Even though I’m not a big ginormous fan of liquid lipsticks I decided getting three shades to get the ball rolling and I’m so very glad I did.



The applicator is slightly different to a doe-foot sponge where the end of the brush would normally slant, this one goes completely flat. I find that this made it really nice to apply and the flat end just glides along your lips making it really easy to build up.  I found that they were all very easy  to apply apart from Passion where things got a little messy, but hey red is always a  high maintenance colour anyway.



The formula was not at all sticky and didn’t set into really dry and patchy finish like I have found with other liquid lipsticks previously. Unlike they claim, they don’t completely result in a matte finish. This is kind of a disappointment; it would have been amazing to find a completely balanced formula in these lipsticks which also dried matte. It definitely makes up for it in other aspects and doesn’t put me off wearing these in the slightest.

It proved to be very long lasting after I ate a meal and drank at least two cups of tea. They eventually faded a little while later, but they were still very pigmented. It didn’t leave a nasty outline on your lips either which I find is what most lipsticks fade to. It was still a very wearable colour and would have quite happily gone on with that, without feeling the need to top it up or re-apply.

I think I have honestly found my new- go to lip products and I plan to go and get every colour! Even though they aren’t completely matte I do think that they are a wonderful lip product to have in your collection. I wish I had bought these sooner!

Have you tried these? What matte lipsticks do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment