Monday 30 May 2016

Nivea Post Shave-Balm: not your everyday primer






There has been precisely a million and one reviews on the Cooling Post Shave Balm by Nivea Men being used as a primer. I have seen a mixed range of good and bad reviews of this. Most reviews claim that it makes your make-up last a lot longer and works better than a lot of primers. Often to be described a cheap beauty hack. I am very open minded to trying out cheap products.So when I saw this in Superdrug I couldn’t pass it without buying it and decided giving it a go.

The product comes in an awkwardly large bottle - mine always seems to be really cold does anyone elses? It doesn’t have a dispenser just pours out the lid which can be a little temperamental since the product is a little watery and too much is easily poured out.
 The first thing I noticed about this balm is that the smell is incredible! It has this really refreshing aftershave smell. It isn’t too over-powering but smells like a freshly washed man! The consistency is a very thin and watery. A little goes an extremely long way so you definitely get your money’s worth in that respect. .
When I apply this I found that it is very moisturising and soothing which is something I always look for since I have extremely sensitive and dry skin. It doesn’t contain any alcohol which is always a massive bonus as it aggravates my skin. 
I always end up patting mine dry as it takes a little too long to do so on its own. It ends up drying on the skin a little tacky creating a dewy base for your foundation.
 I thought I would have an issue with foundation sliding off since it had dried very shiny but it applied well just like any other primer. I really like mine with BB creams since it almost creates a thicker coverage for it and adds more moisture. I did find that made my skin shiny throughout the day and felt the need to apply to more powder which is unheard of for me but I don’t really mind since it meant my skin stay moisturised under the foundation. It kept my foundation on well non-the-less.

Overall I do really like this a primer on days where I feel I need more moisture under my foundation. I don’t think I would use it daily and completely cut out all primers, but I enjoy having it as an option. I feel like it does a good job of keeping my skin moisturized and dewy but not so great at smoothing pores. I bought mine for just under £5 but since then I have seen it go down in price. I’m guessing this is because it’s doing so well. I have seen it as cheap £3 in places like Asda. Definitely give it a go if you are curious like I was.
Have you given this a go? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment