Wednesday 6 July 2016

Review & Frist Impressions: PS..LOVE CREAM CONTOUR KIT



I haven't had a good chance to look at the latest "P.S Love" make-up range in Primark. However, last weekend while shopping in  there this cream contour kit really caught my eye. I have seen countless blog posts  which include a fair share of reviews on the features of this range. Claiming this low budget range to be more often than not, good for the price. I figured I would hop on the bandwagon, not only on purchasing this kit, but also on the cream contour fad and give my personal first impression and review.

Despite that on the packaging it states that it has darker shades, I couldn’t find any other shades other than the one that I’ve purchased. This might possibly be harder for those with lighter skin since these colours are tailored more towards to darker skin tones. 


Upon opening up the packaging I realised that the consistency of the shades were more of a powdery texture and not a cream based product. This was slightly disconcerting since they were not what they are advertised to be.

The product came with three shades; contour, bronze and highlight. It also included a little brush. I never really expect much from brushes which are included, but this one proved to be really good. It was narrow and firm so it was very good for precision. 



It also came with a little guide on where to apply each shade to, which is ideal for cream contour beginners like myself. Other than that there were no other directions. It would’ve been ideal for it to direct you on to whether to apply it before foundation or not. Obviously these are factors I can Google, it just would have been beneficial for them to have added those in.

BEFORE                                                                                   AFTER
 I started by applying the shades  over my foundation accordingly to the guide with the brush provided. My first impression was that the shade ‘contour’ was a really pigmented colour. It defined areas really  well such as my nose and cheekbones, without too much work. However I found that the other two colours were not as great. The shade bronze was too much the same colour as my skin, so it didn’t really achieve much. The highlight shade did absolutely nothing apart from leave a lurid dark patch above my lip. I felt that this shade was much too dull for it to work as a highlight. My skin colour isn’t particularly dark either so I don’t really know they came out so bland.



When blended out with a damp beauty sponge, the bronze and highlight basically blended into nothing. However I found when built up they leave a slight warmth to the skin. The contour shade on my nose resulted in a really nice contour. It kept my nose really defined without being too heavy. However in other patches on my face such as my cheekbones it left muddy patches which were very stubborn to blend out. I also found out later that you could see the lines from where I first applied the contour.

Overall I wouldn’t really recommend this, since it didn’t really do too well for me. Perhaps it was just a little light for my skin tone for it to work as a full contour kit. I feel that the shades would be much more successful as a cream based product, like the packaging suggests. They would be easier to blend out and more pigmented that way. I think, if you’re pale and looking for bronzer then I think than these shades are ideal. As a contour kit, it just doesn’t do very well and poses more as a bronzing kit in my opinion.

What items have you tried from P.s...Love? What did you think to them? Let me know! 


No comments:

Post a Comment