Tuesday 14 June 2016

Neutral Make-up for Prom






It is soon that my younger sister will be having her first ever prom. She has asked me to try out a couple of make-up looks on her before the big day. This one turned out to be her favourite out of the ones we tried, so I thought that I would share it with you. I attempted to do a classy and lightweight, easy to wear look, since this would be her first experience wearing a full face of make-up. Using mostly my Naked 2 palette it has few bronzy shades with lots of highlight and a long thin medium-length wing.


BASE
I primed her skin with the Pore-fessional Primer by benefit to give a smoother base for the foundation.
I applied True Match by L’Oreal since this is an easy foundation to apply and wear. It’s not too heavy on the skin but creates a really natural and pretty complexion. It also doesn’t have an SPF in it which is ideal for events and places where you’ll be having your photo taken. SPF bounces back light and will make your face extremely white in photos using flash. I just a applied it with a real-techniques expert face brush.
I then applied Lumi Magique by L’oreal under her eye in an upside down triangle shape to brighten up her eye area slightly.
I brushed through her brows using an eyebrow brush and applied an Eyebrow pencil from Kiko. I didn’t want to go over-board on her brow and just kept them more or less natural.

BRONZER/HIGHLGHTER/BLUSHER.
I used a highlighter from the Maybelline master-sculpt contour kit and highlighted top of her cheeks.
For blusher I used a really pretty coral colour from a Cargo cosmetics palette called California Throwback. 
I then contoured  her face using the bronze shade from the master-sculpt kit.
 EYES
I primed the eyes with a NYC primar from a palette.
I applied a colour tattoo eye shadow with a flat eyeshadow brush in Bronze On Bronze to the main part of the eye.

I used Nooner from my naked 2 palate in the crease using an angled eye shadow brush, from the same pallete I used Factory for more defination and applied that overlapping nooner, and then blended them together.

I took my NYX jumbo colour pencil in milk and applied this into the inner corner of the eye and applied Bootycall over the top and blended that in.
I also applied bootycall to the brow bone to highlight that area.
Using L'oreal Ultra Precision Eyeliner  I drew a thin line across the lash line and a thin wing which ended just before her eyebrow.
 I applied a light layer of mascara and used the fleur de force ¾ lashes, which aren't too annoying and actually really easy to apply if you aren't too fond of wearing false eyelashes.

 LIPS

For the lipstick we decided to go for something quite bright and  Lashing finish by Kate in 05.

Have you had your prom? If so what make-up did you wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment