Thursday 28 April 2016

My Go-to Spring Eyeshadow Look





For me, doing my eyes is my most favoured part of doing my make-up. I really love how you can be as creative as you feel like. Whether you put in as little effort as you can or the most, you can still end up with a pretty good outcome. I always love trying out all different eye shadow combinations. One of my go-to looks at the moment is this (what I like to call..) brown smokey eye, mostly wearable for spring. Even though I have used a lot of deeper shades to achieve this, it also has a lot of highlight in the inner corner giving it a much more fresher asthet. It also uses a lot of the naked 3 pallet which is something which I need to use more of, and for the Spring/Summer time, it has the ideal shades
I started off by priming my eyes with a cream-based primer from a New York Color palette and put Bootycall from naked 2 (all the rest of the colours are naked 3) all over the lid and on the brow bone.

Using a flat eyeshadow brush I packed on nooner onto the middle of the lid and blended it out to towards the outer edge. I avoided going near the corner of my eye as I wanted this to stay highlighted.

I then used burnout in the in the crease, using a fluffy angled brush. This created a smoother transition between the colours on the lid and the highlight colour I used on my brow bone.

I went in with darkside, starting on the outer edge of the crease, blending that out through towards the middle half of the crease.

I used blackheart on a small bullet brush to create more definition in the crease. I used the same colour under my lash line to balance it out.

For my eyeliner I used L’Oreal Super Liner and attempted the thinnest line I could possibly manage. I I set this with a black eye shadow. I kept the end of the liner really blunt, I haven’t really been a fan of winged eyeliner recently.

I applied a light layer of mascara on my top lashes and then a much heavier layer on the bottom lashes and applied the Eyelure Volume lashes (no.100).

 So that’s my go-to look at the moment. What have you been wearing lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment