Saturday 26 March 2016

Review on: John Frieda Root Blur



I really do like having blonde hair. However having blonde, dyed hair comes with a fair few handful of cons. Sadly, my hair seems to typically grow faster than Rapunzel’s whenever I first dye it. Okay, so maybe that’s not true, but I am always left dreading the first inch of root to come creeping through when I first dye my hair. Even though it is barely noticeable to some, I know that it’s there and it will cause me to be left on a downer for weeks after I dye my hair. Re-dying it can be very expensive, time-consuming and damaging to my hair, so I try to go for as long as I possibly can before buying my next batch of dye.


So, when I stumbled across this product in Boots, I was more than delighted to find it! It was exactly what I need to keep my hair looking fresh in colour between hair dyes. I’ve often used white dry shampoo to try and brighten up the darkness of them but this can very heavy in my already quick-thick hair and feels a little drying. This little root blur kit is kind of on the same basis as that but it doesn’t really have the same weight as dry shampoo does in your hair. 

Inside the black compact, it comes with two shades and an angled blending brush.  You use the brush and start off by dabbing the darker colour onto your roots and then the lighter colour over the top, to conceal your roots in a more natural aesthetic.

The shades are a similar constancy to eye shadows, but a bit more talc-like . You are provided with a darker and lighter shade of your chosen colour. I believe I have the lightest shade, for light to medium blonde. I will admit that my hair only really stays light blonde after a few washes and slowly becomes darker each time after I wash it. At the moment my hair is extremely brassy and is completely screaming out for a fresh dye.  However the two shades themselves do appear to be very yellowish, so theoretically I should have no problem. The brush is an okay size, but I feel it does not pick up the product very well. I don’t know if this is the texture of the colours or the brush but either way I feel as though I am having to really scrape in the brush to get any colour.

Before

After



As you can see from the pictures it’s not a complete coverage, but it is a huge improvement and does conceal the contrast between the darkness and light. My roots are quite long and very dark at the moment (I am sorry for this, I’m dying it very soon!) so this was very tedious and time consuming especially when I’m not getting any colour on to the brush. They say on the packet that you can lighten the tone by using the dark shade first of all, and then adding the lighter shade after to get your desired shade. I feel that this didn’t really do anything for me, they both just seemed to blend into the same shade, but did blur out my roots non-the-less. If I had spent more on time on this, I would have probably achieved a more full-coverage and a lighter shade.

Overall I do feel as though this is a good product and I will continue to use this. I do completely love the whole idea of this but do see this being more successful to me if it was in the form of a spray. The product, for me is not for everyday but perhaps, for special occasions when I have more time to concentrate on my hair. –and for when my roots aren’t so very over grown, let’s just say for the least!



No comments:

Post a Comment